Fraser Street Medical
A resource to the local community since 1975, striving for excellence and innovation. We specialize in advanced access care, planned proactive chronic disease care, and clinical pharmacist reviews.
Find COVID-19 updates from Fraser Street Medical here!
Want to see if you're eligible for the COVID-19 test? Click below to find out!
Striving for Excellence in Teaching
We are a teaching facility affiliated with the University of British Columbia.
Faculty of Medicine | School of Population and Public Health
Comprehensive Hearing Assessments and Consultations are available at Fraser Street Medical starting in February 2023!
NOT ACCEPTING new patients
Hours of Operation
- Mon8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tue8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wed8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thu8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Fri8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sat8:15 AM - Variable due to Covid
Your Doctor may be unavailable from 12:00 pm- 1:00 pm. Hours of operation may change depending on the availability of our doctors. We are currently unable to update our phone message about our hours, please call us if you have questions.
Nurse Practitioners are primary care clinicians that provide comprehensive care including the diagnosis and management of disease/illness, prescribing medications, ordering/interpreting laboratory/diagnostic tests, and initiating referrals to specialists. Nurse Practitioners work as independent primary care providers and develop a patient panel similar to a Family Physician. At Fraser Street Medical Clinic, Nurse Practitioners work in collaboration with other providers in the clinic by cross covering and ensuring optimum patient care for all who attend the clinic.
The CDM Nurse works with family physicians to support management of patients with chronic illness. In addition to the role, CDM Nurse carries out other clinical tasks such as baby wellness, immunizations, taking vital signs, administer medication, patient education, and many more.
We try to accommodate all patients who have an urgent issue. We have appointments that you can book in advance, but we also save same-day appointments available for when your medical issue is of a more urgent nature.
Fraser Street Medical has walk in appointments only for our own registered patients. Our regular hours are Monday-Friday from 8:15 AM-5:00 PM, Saturday from 8:00 AM-12:00 PM (closing time varies on Saturdays) to help with same day urgent visits for our patients.
We try our best to accommodate walk in patients, and will try to fit you in with your own doctor, depending on availability. However, wait times can fluctuate depending on how busy we are; our staff can usually give you a general idea of how long the wait may be.
- For each appointment, please bring all your medications/drugs and health supplements.
- Notify your doctor of any change in your medical condition or medications or failure to improve after a suggested treatment.
- When you call, please let the receptionist know the reason for your visit to help us plan. If you require any FORMS or PAPERWORK done, please tell the receptionist and physician right away.
- If you require English translation, please bring a family member or have them available via cellular phone during your appointment time for us to call.
- Please respond to recall requests and invitations to spend more time with your doctor and our team.
Fraser Street Medical Family doctors and our team will:
- Provide you with the best care that we can
- Coordinate any specialty care that you need
- Offer you timely access to care to the best of our ability
- Maintain an ongoing record of your health
- Keep you up-to-date on any changes to the services offered at our office
- Communicate with you honestly and openly to address your health care needs.
Now available same day fit in service for any urgent appointments. We only accept walk in appointments BY AVAILABILITY for OUR PATIENTS. What defines an urgent appointment? Examples include:
- Cough or cold for more than 1 week
- Urinary tract infections
- Red eye or blurry vision
- Allergic reaction
1) Late Appointments – If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to re-book your appointment.
2) Missed appointment – There will be a $35 charge if you do not provide at least 24 hours cancellation notice.
Our No Show Policy and Late Visit Policy will be enforced at the discretion of the physician. You may be called in to review this policy in person with your physician if there is a pattern of no shows or late appointments. Fees may apply for NO SHOWS.
- Please email appointments@fraserstreetmedical or call us 24 hours in advance to cancel an appointment.
- Please show up 10 minutes in advance so that you have enough time to find parking and check in.
- Update your email, phone number and street address with the receptionist.
- Seek your health care from our clinic whenever possible.
- Have every other professional send us your updated records or info about recent visits.
For 2022, FSM will be offering flu shots, tetanus (every 10-years), and pneumovax-23 ONLY during in-office appointments for our own patients. FSM is working with our new next door pharmacy to help ensure all our patients get protection this flu season with vaccination. Naz’s Pharmacy is a full service pharmacy whom we are partnering with to provide the […]
We are pleased to announce that we have A NEW ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM! INSTRUCTIONS: You don’t need a password. You just your personal information such as your First name, Last name, Care card number and Birthdate, to make an appointment! You can book 1 appointment, ONLY with your own health care provider. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION […]
A comprehensive hearing assessment is available at Fraser Street Medical, which includes a full assessment of hearing ability, speech understanding ability, and an assessment of outer ear/middle ear/and inner ear. This assessment will be conducted by Dr. Katarina Vavrovicova, Au.D., RAUD, RHIP, a registered doctor of audiology from Echo Hearing Care in collaboration with Fraser […]
Dear Patients, The B.C. College of Family Physicians are “advocating for a health care system that invests in comprehensive family medicine, so that everyone can have a family doctor.” For more information and to learn how to help, please visit the following links: Family Doctor’s Care Poster – B.C. College of Family Physicians My Family Doctor […]
- #102-5990 Fraser Street, Vancouver, BC, V5W 2Z7, Canada
- Tel: 604.322.3366 | Fax: 604 324 1118
- Tel: 604.322.3366 | Fax: 604 324 1118